Matrix is currently looking for a qualified and motivated Survey Field Technician who desires a challenging career to join our well-established team of Environmental Consulting professionals for projects in the New Jersey/New York Metropolitan area.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and technologically-savvy individual with the vision and drive to apply state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies to a wide range of land surveying and geospatial projects. The technician will work directly with the Survey Project Manager in analyzing and preparing mapping and documentation and be responsible for preparation of boundary, ALTA/ACSM Land Title, control and topographic surveys, subdivision plats, right-of-way mapping, legal descriptions and other related documents for both public and private clients. The position responsibilities also include; performing least squares traverse and measurement analysis, interpreting various boundary and title documents and working directly with the field crews to ensure appropriate integration and use of Matrix’ state-of-the-art instrumentation, which includes robotic total stations, GNSS/GPS and HD laser scanning.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Interpret field notes and sketches, assist in downloading and processing conventional and GPS field data.
• Research boundary and easement record title documents and provide preliminary boundary analysis.
• Use AutoCAD Civil 3D software to analyze field data, and record title documents and produce survey related mapping including boundary surveys, topographic surveys, plat maps, records of survey, as-built drawings and other maps or exhibits.
• Prepare legal descriptions, exhibits and reports for boundaries, easements, and parcel acquisition.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a Survey Technician or equivalent post-secondary (college-level) surveying and/or related engineering education is required
• A BS degree in surveying is preferred.
• Certification as an LSIT is a plus
• Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is required
• Experience with Leica field and office software is preferred
• Experience with scanning and point cloud data is a plus
• Project experience with public utilities, energy services, and transportation is preferred.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record and be willing to travel and conduct field work in NJ and in all boroughs of NYC, Westchester and Long Island
• Must pass a pre-employment drug test and will be subject to DOT-regulated random drug & alcohol testing
Matrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a pleasant and professional work environment.
We offer excellent benefits including:
• Medical/Rx Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Company-paid Life Insurance Supplemental Life Insurance
• Company-paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
• 401(k) plan with company match
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off
Please note: This position is not eligible for an employment visa sponsorship (e.g.H1-B, etc.) or financial assistance for relocation.